On Being A Teacher

“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains.

 The superior teacher demonstrates. 

The great teacher inspires.”

 -William Arthur Ward


        I hope I did inspire my students. I hope I was able to inspire them to go beyond what they think they could do or be. I hope that beyond the lectures, they learned meaningful life lessons.

        Two years of teaching children has been fulfilling. Seeing the students learn, improve and grow makes me feel that I am doing what I have to do and that I am a significant part of somebody else's life. I am grateful for the opportunity to be an educator. I am not an education graduate. I never had any education units back in college but my passion is in teaching. I am not perfect. I do not know everything. But I am more than glad and willing to share the little bits about life and other stuff that I know to others. As I teach, I also learn. The horizon widens and I realize that in teaching I do not only share and give but I also learn and receive.

      Last summer, I was told that I am going to be the class adviser of the incoming Grade 3 class. And to be honest, it did not sound exciting to me. I do not know why but my reaction was just "Okay!". But as I look back to the year that has passed, it has been one great adventure. I was wrong to think that the class would not be as fun as the first class I handled. I underestimated the new class.

Grade 3 class SY2012-2013
     I faced challenges, yes! But the rewards are far more fulfilling than ever. To see how these kids exert effort in order to excel in class; their smiles even if they are having a hard time; to hear them say "Thank you, Lord!" when they finish worksheets; to see the excitement in their eyes when there are new lessons... PRICELESS!!! No amount of money can ever compare to the joy I get whenever I see all these. I know that all these will not only be part of the time that they are in Grade 3 but even as they grow up, the character that is built when they were 8 or 9 or even 10 will be in them.

     I thank the Lord for allowing me to experience all these. Surely, my life has changed. My perspective in life has changed. The way I look at people especially at children has changed. Two years may seem to be short but it has been two years full... full of love and joy! :) 

    I wonder how the next years of being a teacher going to be? For sure, it is going to be better and better! And I pray that as I continue to teach, I will be able to inspire more people. To God be the glory!

-April



Comments

  1. Hi Sisters! We really love what your doing!!! We were looking for an email to contact you at but we could not find one. We we like to feature you on our blog. If you could email us at boydsisters12@gmail.com. Love your blog. Here is ours:http://theboydsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

ANSWERED PRAYER

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS