LUWALHATI NG MAYNILA



Today is our visit to the institute "Luwalhati ng Maynila." This institute cares for the elders of our community who were not properly taken care of by their families. Just a thought of this place makes my heart beat so fast because I have a soft heart for the elders. I am very much excited to see them gathered together and to see how God will mightily move in this place.We went inside the hall and they all greeted us with big smiles on their faces. Some offered their seats. I preferred to stand because it is their day and they are the ones who needed to be served. We started with praise and worship songs. I can clearly see that there are elders who freely worship God with all their strength. There was also this inspirational message given by one of the volunteers. Aside from the message, the elders were serenaded by two excellent bands. Truly, there was joy ringing in their hearts.

As the sessions started, I walked towards the elders at the back because they didn't seem to have someone to talk to them. At first I was afraid because they were all men and I might be harassed. But it turned out that everyone was very nice and gentle. I had some certain Lolos who shared their lives with me. I was able to minister to them too. It was so touching knowing that these people long to have someone to talk to and they are trusting you enough to share their life stories. By the grace of God, I was able to tell them how much Jesus loves them that He already paid our sins and He is willing to give eternal life to those who will believe in Him. It was such a heartfelt moment.

After that, I was also able to serve them by serving their food and running by to meet their needs. I love it when I keep on using their fan for them not to feel the heat. I am truly humbled to serve the men of the previous generation.

This is my prayer, that the elders will seek God more than the blessings. I pray that they will finally understand why they are still alive, it is because God wants to use them to intercede for the next generations to come. I pray that as we build relationships with them, we might be able to impart this vision to our elders. It is not too late for God to mightily use them as intercessors!

Here are some of the photos during the event. We are hoping and praying that there will be more support and volunteers for the following waves to come! To God be all the glory, honor and praise!
         

 





This is our second wave of visit to our Lolos and Lolas. If you are willing to join us on our THIRD WAVE, you are very much WELCOME to come with us! We will have our third wave visit on Luwalhati ng Maynila on SEPTEMBER 21, 2014. Kindly contact me if you would like to volunteer or support. May God bless everyone abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

ANSWERED PRAYER

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS