BOLD FAITH


STOP PLAYING SAFE WITH YOUR FAITH.

These were the words that taught me how to be BOLD.
I am a servant of God in the nation of *****. I serve the Lord in the teaching ministry He has called me a long time ago. One of my greatest dreams, to be used more effectively by God, is to gain a "Teachers of English to Students of Other Languages Certificate," also called TESOL. As I was faithfully praying for God's opportune time for me to have this, an offer has been given by one of the deacons in our church. She mentioned that this might be her last term as she needs to go back to USA by next year. Also, they're giving the certification in a lower fee since they are working for a foundation. I was so glad when I heard this news. But the joy melted right away when reality struck me. Here are the list of things that came to my mind as I thought about the reality of my situation.
1. TESOL classes will be on July 11 until July 29 but my flight to my native land is on July 13.
2. It would be fine to move my flight after the classes. But I won't have any other choice than July 30 because that is also the last day before my VISA expires.
3. Financial matters. If I take this TESOL in July, I won't have any money left to spend and save.
4. I am not quite sure my boss would allow me to take it as this is not a matter concerning our company. It is a personal desire for self improvement.
5. If I would take this in July, someone has got to teach in our academy. If the new teacher won't be able to come, then no one will be able to replace me from my classes.
These truths kept running through my head for a week. I told God that I trust Him whatever happens, that I have FAITH that He works for my good.
 And that whatever the result may be, it will be for my own welfare.
But one morning while talking to God, He suddenly asked me, "Daughter, what do you really want from this?" I told Him the situation all over again. He replied, "I know exactly all about it. What I want to know from you is what you truly desire." "Lord, I want the new teacher to be here in June. I want my boss to allow me to take this certification for the betterment of my future classes in their academy. I still want to go back to my country, take a month vacation, and be able to go back to ***** by August. That's what I want, oh Lord," I mumbled. "THEN THAT SHOULD BE WHERE YOU PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME. I don't want you playing safe with your faith. You said you believe and I know you really do, but you just put your faith in whatever's going to happen. That's not the kind of faith I want you to produce. I want you to have a bold faith," the Lord my God said.
18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”[d] 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as deadsince he was about a hundred years oldand that Sarah’s womb was also dead. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 
Romans 4:18-21
Then I remember Abraham. God mentioned a promise at a time when there wasn't a tiniest chance that it would happen. But it did. Abraham may have made a mistake while waiting for the promise, but the point is that his faith didn't weaken. He knew his God. He knew that He is a promise keeping God. And although He can't see any possibility that God's promise will come to pass, He trusted God that He will do exactly what He said He will. And that is BOLD FAITH.It is accepting the fact of impossibility yet holding on to the promise with joy, gladness and full assurance because it is the Unfailing God who promised that it would happen. And if this Unfailing God is also never changing, then there's no reason for me to play safe with my faith. Because a faith as small as a mustard seed can still move mountains until now!
By this time I know you might be expecting a result from the bold faith that I have put on my God now. But I am sorry to disappoint you because I haven't gotten any updates about my concerns yet. Nevertheless, I wrote this blog to encourage you to step out of your comfort zones of playing safe with faith (whatever the result, it is His will....), be encouraged by Abraham's faith and wait upon the Lord. Because I know that He who did not spare His own Son will surely give us all good things according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus our Lord.
And as for my concern, I know He will answer my faith goal in His perfect time. We just have to patiently wait and see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS