the unexpected


What we anticipated may not always take place. Have you experienced a day when everything seems to go wrong? When all are going against what you have in mind? What if the things you expected to happen did not come to pass? What if the ideal did not become real? What are we supposed to do? 

WHAAAAAAAT?!?

There were occasions in my life when the things I expected to happen did not hapen. I've been through struggles when my faith has been extremely tested. I was praying for certain things but it seemed like God was not doing anything. It felt like God was not listening. So, I wondered. Is God mad with me? Have I done too much to displease Him, He already decided not to listen to me?

At first, I thought I was unselfish. I want things to happen because I want to be able to bless other people. Now, I realized I was just using that as a reason to defend the motives behind my plans. But God truly knows our hearts. So He exposed the selfishness of my plans. He told me that, they weren't pure. And because some of these plans are not according to His will, they are not going to take place EVER. So I learned to always seek the will and heart of God. To examine if what I do or plans to do is pleasing to His sight. … to check if I am still obeying and abiding by His words. God reminded me to put my faith in Him and His perfect will. Like what a friend told me, we have to become a D.O.G… not the animal but a person who is... 

Dependent On God

Yet we are still human beings, we are still vulnerable to make mistakes. We fall short of God’s glory. But God is always ready to take us back into His arms. Though there are times we depart from His will, God always wants us back. So we must adjust ourselves to what God plans for us. His will never changes.

But there are times, even when we are obeying God, still things do not make sense. But that is why there is FAITH. 

God’s ways and thoughts are higher than ours. 

We may not understand but we must believe and trust that God holds the best for us and He will fulfill His promises. Even when there are suffering and pain, God carries us through. While waiting for God, He gives us the strength to hold on to Him.

Submission to God’s sovereignty and obedience to His commands are vital for us to experience the fullness of God’s plans. The more we submit to and obey our God, our relationship with Him will become much more intimate. We will get to know Him more and experience more of Him in our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

ANSWERED PRAYER

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS