QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Words are very powerful.
If there is something that can gash a heart more than a sword,
those would be the words from anyone whom we allow to hurt us.
It hurts even more when the words come from our own mouth.

Lately, I found myself asking questions that eventually keep me down.
"Am I fat?"
"Why am I alone again?"
"Why do I look ugly?"
"Why am I so foolish?"
"When will I learn?"
"Will I ever get _______(fill in the blank with something I want or need)?
And then I would impulsively reply negative answers to my own questions.
It went on and on until I finally realized that telling myself negative things about me isn't making me any wise.
It makes me feel disappointed.
It makes me feel down.
It makes me feel hopeless.

These questions are fatal. It will lead to nowhere but misery and despair.
These are the questions everyone should avoid as long as the only answers we can give ourselves are the negative ones.

But a revelation came to my mind.
What if we ask the right questions?
What if we ask the questions that really matter?
And what if we let our Creator (yes, the Only One who created us)
answer these questions on our behalf?
We need to ask questions that come from the standpoint of God's promises and not on lies of the enemy that we are tempted to believe in.
I thank God that whenever we ask the right questions, He can always give us the right answers for He knows everything about us and He has prepared His answers through the promises He gave for us in the Bible.

As I began to ask the right questions, He answered me with His still, small and assuring voice...

Am I accepted?
-YES, YOU ARE!
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:3-6‬ ‭ESV‬

Am I loved?
-MORE THAN EVER!
“the Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:3‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Am I forgiven?
-MY HANDS ARE PIERCED FOR YOU.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Am I beautiful?
-YOU DEFINITELY ARE!
“I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:14‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Will God grant my heart's desires?
-YES, I WILL!
“For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭84:11‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Can I finish this race?
-YOU ARE A STRONG WARRIOR, YOU CAN FINISH IT.
“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Will I win the fight?
-YOU HAVE A VICTORIOUS GOD. DON'T YOU FORGET.
“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:37‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Who can help me?
-ME!
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭46:1‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Am I not alone?
-YOU AREN'T.
“...And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:20‬b ‭ESV‬‬

Words are powerful. It can either build you or destroy you. Most people choose words that destroy themselves and other people around them.
But now, you have a chance.
Choose the right words to say.
Choose the right questions to ask.
Finally, choose the right One to answer and you will never go wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

BOLD FAITH