First Week Craziness

Week 1: Shock

        First week of school has just concluded. Before it started, I was excited to go back to the seminary. I was excited to go to my classes - to study, to learn. And I was very excited to see my wonderful friends again. 
       But everything did not go the way I expected them to go. I did not know that this new system will give my brain the biggest shock! It was only the first day and we were already asked to do a paper due the next day. I had to stay in the library until it was almost closed. Given that I do not usually stay in the seminary for a long time, that was a shock! The following days went almost just as how the first day did - papers, papers and more.
In the library making our papers
Photo by Evan Ray Macasa
      I am not used to this and I admit that I am having quite a hard time. This semester is not just quite challenging, but it really IS challenging. With all the thinking involved in this, plus in my job... Whoa! My brain's gonna go haywire! More so, this is not just testing my academic excellence but my character as well. What do I need to do?






Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

(Hebrews 10:36, NLT)

PATIENT ENDURANCE, big words. But this reminded me that I cannot quit... I MUST NOT quit rather I have to push even harder. I have to endure all these because everything eventually will end. This will not go on forever and ever.

DO GOD'S WILL, the most important of all. All these efforts I put are all meaningless if these are not what God wants me to do. But since, I know that it is His will for me to be here I cannot just turn away from this. This also reminds me that beyond submitting requirements and meeting deadlines, my main motivation must be to please the Lord.

RECEIVE ALL THAT HE HAS PROMISED, the reward. God loves to bless His children. God's grace is so abounding. I look forward to that moment when I could say that I not just survived but conquered this semester. What joy it would bring me. O, Lord, even now I thank you for I know waiting for me at the end of this is not a pot of gold but the uncontainable and unexplainable joy.

I pray that even as I go through all these, let Your joy be in my heart always!!! Let this joy be contagious that I may be able to share this to other people, especially to my classmates. :)

Comments

  1. I definitely can relate to the feeling of the pressures of school. It is so easy for it to distract you from God, and just mess with your peace. But, you are going to come out awesome. I love the scripture you chose :-)

    ruthandnaomigeneration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

ANSWERED PRAYER

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS