VACATION LESSONS

         "Hurray!" This was my first thought when I learned I'll be out of work in a few days. But as it started, I realized how boring it is to rest all day for a couple of weeks. And because I don't want to waste a precious time, I wrote some of the things I've learned in this new season of mine. 

1. God does not love us based on what we do. He loves us simply because He is the One who created us.

                   I love dedicating my work to God. It feels good working hard and 
         accomplishing things for the glory of God. And so during this unemployment
         season, I become frustrated because I haven't done anything worthy for the
         Lord. I felt anxious every single day. I have forgotten the purpose of my
         life. But by the grace of God, I have learned one more time that my IDENTITY 
         is not defined by what I do. God loves me for who I am. God knows every bit 
        of me (Psalm 139:13). God even loves me while I was still a sinner (Romans 5:8).
        Therefore, I conclude that He who created me is delighted in me (Psalm 149:4)
        whether I have a work or not.
                 His love is the same for everyone, whether you are BLACK or WHITE, RICH
        or POOR, SICK or HEALTHY, OLD or YOUNG, whether YOU HAVE A
        RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST or NOT, whether you are PURE or DEFILED,
        whether you are RIGHTEOUS or a SINNER. GOD LOVES YOU.

2. We will never be secured apart from the presence of God.

                 I thought I put all my security in Christ alone but when I lost my job, I
        become afraid of the future. I started doubting if there''s really a work waiting
        for me abroad. I was startled by how much I spend each day. I keep on looking
       for other ways to earn but there's not a chance. I REALIZED HOW I NEGLECTED
       the fact that THE LORD IS MY GREATEST PROVIDER AND SECURITY. He said
       in His Word that HE WILL PROVIDE FOR ME (Psalm 111:5). He said in His Word
       that HE WILL PROTECT ME (Psalm 116:6). He said I DON'T NEED TO BE AFRAID
      (Jeremiah 1:8). He said HE KNOWS HIS PLANS FOR ME, PLANS TO PROSPER ME
      AND NOT TO HARM ME, TO GIVE ME HOPE AND A FUTURE (Jeremiah 29:11).
                If you feel the same with me, I tell you, trusting in what you have (your JOB,
       your PARENTS, your FRIENDS, your PARTNER, your POSSESSION, and even
      YOURSELF) will NOT make you SECURED and will not make you PROSPER.
      Only He brings SECURITY and PROSPERITY. 

3. Our thoughts about God will determine how we live.

              WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT GOD? If you think God HATES you for the 
      WRONG THINGS you've done, then that is a LIE. If you think God PUNISHES you
      that's why you're sick, or you still don't have a job, or you still don't have a lifetime
      partner, then that is another LIE. God does not demand but GIVES. God does not
      oppress but RAISES UP. God does not wound but HEALS. God does not
      condemn but FORGIVES.* In fact, GOD LOVES US SO MUCH that He's willing
      to send His One and Only Son to die for our sins so that we will not experience
      eternal death and so we  can have a relationship with Him for eternity (John 3:16).
      If your thoughts about God is correct, then it will lead you to love Him all the more
     and be motivated to live the TRUTH Jesus came and died for, that is that we are 
     already VICTORIOUS in this life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

ANSWERED PRAYER

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS