To A New Season


I thought I had it. I thought I can handle everything.
That was what I THOUGHT.

I have been broken and crushed multiple times. Like a glass my heart has been shattered to pieces. I pick the pieces and like a puzzle try to figure out how to put them together. Sadly, I always end up worse. Not only do I have a broken heart but also wounded hands. I am never successful in putting my heart back together on my own. Never.

            Being broken is not fun. (Totally NOT.) It is a period in life that I wish I need not to go through. It is a time when I just want to press the fast forward button and skip all the hurt and pain and jump into the happy ending. But no, I cannot. How I wish it is that easy.

            Why do I have to be broken? Why do I have to shed tears? These are questions that I ask the Lord. Why do I have to be sad? Why do I have to feel the hurt and the pain? Why do I have to feel discouraged at times? Why do I have to feel insignificant? Why do I have to feel like I am not enough?

            As I ponder on these things, I remember that I am only a human being. It is normal to be sad, to be in pain, to feel discouraged, to feel insignificant. It is normal to feel all these because God designed us with emotions. We are not robots. We are not machines. We do not always feel good about ourselves, about our lives, or about what is happening around us. Even if we already know Christ, even if we have been Christians for years and years, even if we have been through many things in life, we cannot avoid brokenness. I must say that there is always brokenness in our hearts.

During these times I always look at the sky.
It reminds of the Lord's loyal love
and unwavering faithfulness. (Psalm 36:5)

            My heart is broken because of what is happening in our family. My heart grieves; I do not know what to do. And yet, God assures me that His plans are perfect. All these will come to an end at the right time.

            My heart breaks for those who are broken, especially those people whom I treasure. There is nothing more I can do but pray for them and show them my support. Their situations are beyond my control. But God says He is on control. He is sovereign. I may not have the power to change their situations but God is all-powerful. He can calm the raging seas.

            


         This world is full of brokenness… broken dreams, broken lives, broken families. It breaks my heart. It is sad to hear how a person takes advantage of another one’s innocence. How people kill for the sake of principles. How people rob others for their own pleasures. How young girls are so ready to give themselves to boys just to feel accepted. How young boys are so willing to do anything just to be cool. And so many more… Our world is so broken. 

            But then, I know that it does not end here. Where do I go, Lord? What is next? I know there is a purpose why I am going through these. I know there is a purpose why I am seeing these things. And so I go on my quest in search of the purpose, in search of where the Lord wants me to be and do. 

            2013 will end soon. A new year will come. I hope you join me in prayer as I seek the Lord’s directions. I may not now you personally; this could even be the first time viewed our blog. But I hope you do pray for me and also for my Sister, Judie. This is the season in our journeys that we are seeking new directions from the Lord. A season in our lives will soon come to an end. There’s a new one coming and so we ask for your prayers.

            Life is a journey. And just as what the Lord has imparted to us when we started this blog, we really want to share our journey with you. We do not want you to just be a reader of our stories but we also want you to be a part of it.

Thank you very much and may the Lord shower His blessings upon you.

-April

Comments

  1. I happened across your blog tonight, and this post definitely resonated with me. I've been broken, yet God is so good to heal. And He often uses the brokenness to make us stronger. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too, Emily! You are an encouragement to us. :)))

      Delete
  2. Hey :) I to have been broken recently so I will for sure pray :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying for us. We, too, will pray for you! :)
      We are just so thankful that through this blog we are able to minister to one another. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

ANSWERED PRAYER

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS