SELLING THE CURE FOR A BROKEN HEART

During these dark, cold nights I ponder on thoughts kept deep within my wounded heart....

If I would know the instant cure of a broken heart, I'll surely buy some for me and my friends. But God intended only one way to mend a broken heart, it is His way, the Only way, the One way.1 

This way does not promise an easy road, in fact He said it comes with tribulations.2 This way might take longer than what we expect or can even bear.3 In this way, you will be tempted to go back and make your own way of self-reliance and self-protection, but of course it won't lead you to the right end.4 Whatever cons this Way might have, this is the only Way to a whole, redeemed and happy heart. In fact, it does not just promise our hearts to be mended, it also promised to give us a new heart.5 Its bonus is an everlasting relationship6 with the One who wipe the tears away.

Surely, this is a good cure! But do you know what's the best thing about it? IT IS FOR FREE!! You don't need to work and perform best for it. You don't need to prove yourself to deserve it.8 You just need to believe and accept the gift that is freely given to those who seek it with all their hearts.9
There's only ONE cure for a broken heart. And it is a relationship with Jesus Christ, the One who redeemed us long before we repent of our sins,10 the One who understands what we truly feel11, the One who prays for us to make us feel better.12 

Do you want to know why He cares so much for the broken hearted like you and me? It is because HE LOVES US WITH AN EVERLASTING LOVE.13 He is close to the broken hearted.14 He has an everlasting covenant with us.15 He will never break it because He is faithful to His promise.16

Try this cure and know that the Lord is GOOD!17

1. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6 ESV)

2. I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33 ESV)

3. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8 ESV)

4. Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. (Proverbs 19:21 ESV)

5. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26 ESV)

6. But Israel is saved by the Lord with everlasting salvation; you shall not be put to shame or confounded to all eternity. (Isaiah 45:17 ESV)

7. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4 ESV)

8. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV)

9. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13 ESV)

10. but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 ESV)

11. In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. (Psalm 18:6 ESV)

12. Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. (Hebrews 4:14 ESV)

13. the Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. (Jeremiah 31:3 ESV)

14. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18 ESV)

15. I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. (Jeremiah 32:40 ESV)

16. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:23 ESV)

17. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! (Psalm 34:8 ESV)

Source: (broken heart picture) http://healthworkscollective.com/trish-smith/37056/case-broken-heart

Comments

  1. People will disappoint and break your heart, but God never will. I love the verses you chose for this post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

ANSWERED PRAYER

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS