I am more than a conqueror!


I was down, tired and weary
All the weight of the world burdened me
I couldn't get up, my knees were weak
Couldn't even shout or speak

Stones of pressures thrown at me
High-rise expectations set before me
Mountains of tasks laid in front
Tears of exhaustion flowed endlessly

I wanted to quit, that is for sure
I wanted to leave, never to stay anymore
But then I heard Your voice calling me
How can turn away from Thee?

Your love has always been my comfort
Your hands has always been my guide
Your embrace restores my soul
Your Word brings encouragement

Never can I deny Your unfailing love
I swim in Your abounding grace
How can I feel so defeated
When you, my God, holds the victory?

You are my shield against the stones
You lift me up to reach excellence
You move the mountains to pave the way
Tears of joy flow endlessly!

I am a child and God is my Father
I am a sheep and God is my Shepherd
I am a soldier and God is my commander
Through God, I AM MORE THAN A CONQUEROR!


Romans 8:37-39 says:


37 
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future,nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."




     We are more than conquerors. We are made to be victors. No matter what life throws at you, do not let go of the faith God has given you. Never let persecution put the fire out. Never let your love for God fade away. Never let go for a crown is waiting in heaven. 

This reminds of the song "Embers" by Owl City. Hope the song cheers you up. :))












Comments

  1. Nice encouraging poem!

    Emily

    http://forchristianteengirls.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

ANSWERED PRAYER

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS