Discovering Strengths


I am driven to write this note about myself for 3 reasons:

1) Previously, I asked God what He thought about me when He created me, and He answered.
2) I have known myself in such an overwhelming way, that I need to express it. (Please bear with me.) 
3) And I’d like to share to you the Strengths Finder. :) It will help you know the best of who you are.

Studies show that if we know our strengths and be motivated to act on it, we become more actively engaged in what we do and we can be more positive and productive. Rath said,

"The key to human development is building on 
WHO YOU ALREADY ARE."

You cannot be anything you want to be but you can be a lot more of who you already are.

So this is who I am:

CONNECTEDNESS. I believe things happen for a reason. I find it very enthusiastic knowing that we are all connected with one another. Simple ways, like crossing a street with a stranger, spurs a lot of thoughts on how he/she can be connected with me. My degree in college, Human Ecology, has made such an impact in this strength because it is the study of the interrelationships of human with its environment and vice versa. I also love getting to know a lot of people and being involve in their lives, knowing that somehow I can help them be connected with God. And most importantly, I love connecting to the One who created me. Though I cannot physically see Him, I can hear Him and I truly know that He also hears my prayers.

I AM  A RELATOR. I love having (wholesome and godly, of course) relationships with the people around me. It is my need to be connected to the people I love – my friends and families. I find it very depressing when no one seems to be there for me. Intimacy is a joy. Knowing someone to his/her core makes me feel that I am a trustworthy person, and so that is who I am with them as well. This strength helps me to be motivated in serving others. 

I AM A LEARNER. I love learning new things. When I get hooked into something, I will not stop until I am full of it. Paris. It is the place that I want to go to someday. So I downloaded apps about France and the French language. Last year, before I went to Thailand for a mission trip, I made sure to read some current events in their place so that I can be related to them. I also spent time listening to audio tutorials of the Thai language. Learning is useless without a pour out of knowledge that's why I thank God that I am a teacher and a Victory group leader. I share all the things I know and I practice the knowledge I get to all my students and to the women I lead.

I AM INTELLECTUAL. I love to think. Despite being relational, I also love being my own best companion because this is the time when I can speak my mind and run through a lot of thoughts in my head. I do not get tired of thinking. In fact, as I read the Strengths Finder book, I'm also listening to a song and singing on my head. This strength also becomes my weakness at times because since I am used to thinking a lot of things, it is hard for me to concentrate on a single activity. Nevertheless, thinking motivates me to act on the ideas I have in mind. It's a good thing after all.

I AM A POSITIVE THINKER. I do best at complementing the people around me. Whenever there is a stress pushing me, I don't get pressured. Instead I become joyful because I know that I can overcome it. I love sharing the joy that I have all the time. Some people say this kind of positivity is truly contagious. I still have setbacks in life, but it cannot kill the optimism in my spirit. I think of this not as a strength but a gift. This is a gift of FAITH knowing that despite all the negative things that are currently happening in my world and in the whole world, my joy is present because the God of all the worlds holds everything in the palm of His hand. He is in control. :)

I praise you, because 
I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 
Wonderful are your works, 
and my soul knows it well. 

-(Psalms 139:14 LEB) 

I have known this verse since I surrendered my life to Jesus, but this is the first time I actually realize how His works are truly WONDERFUL. He knows me very well and He delights knowing that I can use the strengths and gifts He gave me to bring back all the glory to His Name. :)

*You can also know your Strengths by using the Strengths Finder 2.0 book by Tom Rath. An alternative may also be used. You can message me if you are interested. :)
-Judie
-

Comments

  1. I've heard of the Strengths Finder book. It sounds powerful! and so was this post! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

ANSWERED PRAYER

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS