ANSWERED PRAYER

"I am a God of faith and I'm going to honor your faith."
"I'm going to do it swiftly in my time."

- This is part of the prophetic word I received this year.

One month has passed since the Lord answered my prayer. 

I'm writing here in (insert country here) as a proof that God is truly a God of faith. 

Five years ago, I stood up in church, claiming God's heart for me to serve Him as a world missionary. I had a chance to be part of a short term mission trip three years ago. But my desire to serve Him globally has not quenched even after a few years of serving Him in my hometown. I knew I had to step out in faith and do something so I can fulfill His plans for my life. I attempted to work in Singapore to become a tentmaker last year but to no avail. This year, I was given another opportunity to trust in Him and work out my papers for a job opportunity in China. 

Imagine a continuous work out in the gym for six months. Wouldn't your body feel more fit after doing so? That's exactly what I feel after the stretching of faith God has done for me for the past six months. I rejoiced. I cried. I cried even more. I waited. I patiently waited. I impatiently waited. I waited with perseverance. I endured. God knows how excruciating it felt to wait and work for something you are not even sure of the results. But I trusted Him. 

And then one of the best days happened in my life. August 14, 2015. That was one of my closest colleagues' birthday. That was also my last day of work in an ESL company I've learned to love for almost a year. Fortunately, my VISA result was given on that day too. I knew something awesome was about to unfold during that day. When I went to the embassy, it was already closed since I was 5 minutes late for their closing time (this is not due to procrastination but because of HEAVY traffic in EDSA). But the Lord has given me so much favor, the guards allowed me to come inside. They said,"You are very lucky today." And I grinned. I saw the other lady who also had an interview when I had mine. We chatted while waiting for the result. When she got hers, we found out she was denied. I felt grief for her but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to speak blessing and hope. So I prayed with her afterwards. Then I received mine. They asked me to pay WHICH MEANS I PASSED! I felt an overwhelming joy knowing that I'll go to my last day of work with an assurance that I will have another work in a few weeks (Cause if I failed and it was my last day of work, I don't know where I'll hide because of shame, maybe in Timbuktu). I went to work and I just treasured every moment I had with my colleagues. I didn't want to cry but when I saw the video they prepared for me, I can't help but cry. Surely I will miss them, of which I am currently feeling now. I thought that was the end of the day. Cause if it was, then it was really an awesome one. BUT! God wasn't done yet. My Sister, APRIL, called me and asked me to go to Planetshakers concert with her! WATTA WAY TO CAP THE DAY!! After all the good things that happened, I still had the opportunity to worship Him in such a tremendous way. 

It's been a month since I got here in (insert country here) I can actually say this is a season of peace and answered prayers because His love for me is so evident and tangible each and every day. I know that this season is just another preparation for something great that He's about to do in my life. And so I will cordially wait for His next move. But FOR NOW, I will enjoy this moment as I serve Him in the place where He has called me to bear fruit.

A piece of advice, PUT YOUR FAITH IN HIM. Because when you do so, He will honor it and He will show you how you can be richly blessed when you put your trust in Him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

BOLD FAITH