"NEITHER DO I CONDEMN YOU."

THIS IS A STORY FAMILIAR TO ALL OF US AT THE DARKEST POINT OF OUR LIVES. I HOPE YOU IMAGINE YOURSELF AS THE WOMAN AND YOU ARE THE ONE BEING CONDEMNED IN THE STORY. I DID. AND IT MADE ME REALIZE HOW LOVING, FORGIVING AND MERCIFUL OUR LORD JESUS TRULY IS! 

-------------------------------------

"I am so ready to be stoned," I thought to myself. As I was dragged to the temple, I knew it was the last moment of my life. I was about to die the most excruciating way of death I have ever imagined. Stoned to death by the people who hate such an immoral person like me. And I KNOW I DESERVED IT. I deserved to be stoned to death for all the mistakes I kept on doing. I was an immoral person. Even I cannot stand my very own presence. I tried to stop this, but I can't. It was holding me down. My own sins imprisoned me to this mess. And there was no way of going out. No exit doors for sinners like me. I deserved death. 

But there He was, teaching at the temple. The priests thought they'd use me (and my sinfulness) to trap Him. Little did they know, it was His way to set me free. As I stood in front of all the people, 
I can see their eyes glaring at me. I can see the eyes of women as if I was the mistress of their husbands. I can see the eyes of men as if I was about to devour them and destroy their families. 
I can see the eyes of young ladies wishing they will never be like me someday. I can see the stones on their hands, ready to be thrown at me. 

The priests asked Him, "The law said to stone an adulterous woman. She was caught red-handed. What do you say we should to her, Rabbi?" They had a scoffing look, ready to contradict what He was about to say. Then He bent down. I didn't really know this Jesus so at first I thought He was going to spank me (cause I know I deserved it!) but He didn't. He drew a line on the dirty mud using His own finger and said,"Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”
I was discombobulated! 

I knew it was my ending. I knew what I deserved. Yet, this Jesus turned it around. Of course no one would hit me anymore at that time. Everyone sinned against God. No one was qualified to stone me. But maybe.... There's one. It was Jesus. He was the ONLY ONE who was qualified to stone me till death but HE CHOSE NOT TO. I wondered why. So everyone left the place disappointed. They won't be able to witness a painful death. 

When everyone left, I thought I'd run and hide from everyone who tried to accuse me. But I was so curious about Him. WHY? Why did He do that? I waited for Him to talk. He asked me where were the people who tried to condemn me. I said they were all gone. And I shall never forget His response, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

It was supposed to be the day of my death. But I didn't die. In fact, I was raised to life. 
I was freed! Something inside me died that day. It was my sin. And it shall never be alive again. Never again. 

Those fingers that drew a line on the dirty mud belonged to the hand that was pierced by nails on the cross for me. He didn't just have the dirt of the mud, He endured the pain as He was walking up to the place of Skull (Golgotha), He was nailed on a rugged cross, and mostly, He died the death I should've died. And He rose again so I can live the life He should've lived here on Earth.

Lord Jesus. Oh, how great is Your love? 
When I deserved judgment, You forgave me. 
When I deserved condemnation, You gave grace and mercy. 
When I deserved death, You brought me back to life. 
When I deserved the stones, You gave Your love for me. 
How great is Your love?
----------------------------------------------





“Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.” 
John 8:2-11 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jhn.8.2-11.esv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOAL

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

BOLD FAITH